In this week’s sex+ called “The Slut Shamer“, I used a variety of mini-skits to give some basic principles of sex positivity. Here are 50 more things that I do to complement my sex positive lifestyle. Help grow this list by sharing your ways in the comments! Can you think of more ways to be sex positive? :)
explore & find out what feels good!
1. Read/write some erotica.
2. Talk about your fantasies with a partner.
3. Experiment with a new toy.
4. Draw an erotic picture of yourself or someone else.
5. Buy a cheap speculum and look at your cervix.
6. Fuck with your gender expression for a day (present as more fem/masc/andro/etc than usual).
7. Switch up your masturbation habits.
8. Make your own sex toy.
9. Go without a bra.
10. Turn sexual hurting into power with a slam poetry piece.
11. Hold a menarche party with your friends to celebrate your 1st period (even if it was long ago).
join the fight for a better humanity!
12. Hold politicians accountable for racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise harmful statements & policies.
13. Learn to recognize injustice by understanding the struggles of different communities.
14. Understand the struggles of different communities by listening instead of speaking.
15. Let go of defensiveness when talking about oppression.
16. Define only yourself & let others define themselves.
17. Reject oppressive language.
18. Trust oppressed communities to know what’s best for them, support them.
19. Educate yourself about racism, sexism, cissexism, homophobia, ableism, ageism, and other -isms. See if you can make connections.
20. Make environmentally friendly decisions (recycle, reuse, reduce consumption).
unlock your magic brainpowers!
21. Learn to distinguish facts, realities, and research from opinion.
22. Practice thinking critically about systems of control such as: capitalism, government, media, religion, law, etc.
23. Restrict your time watching mindless television programming to as little as possible.
24. Keep your mind active and questioning as often as you can.
build satisfying relationships!
25. Practice radical communication by being honest about how you feel and what you need.
26. Learn to walk away when someone hurts you more than they uplift you.
27. Practice being aware of how you come off to others.
28. Use language in a way that nurtures healthy interactions with those you love.
29. Minimize frivolous criticism and focus on meaningful/helpful criticism of loved ones.
30. Assume someone has positive intent until proven otherwise.
31. Try to understand why someone behaves the way they do when deciding how to act.
32. Avoid bottling up emotions & feelings.
love yourself, always.
33. Take artistic pictures of your body.
34. Spend a day naked or go nude sunbathing.
35. Surround yourself with positive, diverse images of people.
36. Put down the fashion, beauty, and body building magazines.
37. Check yourself out in the mirror and find things you like about yourself.
38. Wear clothing that makes you feel confident and sexy.
39. Go au naturale: ditch the makeup, shaving, primping, etc for a week & reflect on your experience.
40. Ditch friends/partners that judge you for how you look/weight/clothes/etc.
41. Learn to look more critically at advertising & commercials.
rule your world!
42. Move your body every day.
43. Strive to eat more plants.
44. Do not deprive yourself of treats & foods you like, go for moderation instead.
45. Find more ways to laugh and have fun.
46. Reflect on your life, words, behaviors, and interactions.
47. Boost your self worth & challenge yourself by setting obtainable, healthy short and long term goals.
48. Bring your conscience to peace by apologizing for your mistakes and forgiving others for theirs.
49. Spend time experiencing the beauty of the earth with occasional hikes, camping, or other nature activities.
50. Do good to others and yourself.